The Cheyenne League of Women Voters has decided one of the best ways to help the voters get to know the candidates during this 2014 primary season is to organize forums, stream them live online and then make recordings available online and to local cable TV channels in Wyoming.
Forums have been held for candidates for:
Laramie County Commission (July 8)
- First group: Moses Hasenauer, Art Hansen, Kurt Wilson, Christine Lummis, Linda Heath
- Second group (l to r) Rick Keslar, Troy Thompson, Marc Woods, Larry Spier, David Beedle
District Attorney, County Clerk and Sheriff (July 9)
- DA Scott Homar and challenger Jeremiah Sandburg
- County Clerk Debbye Lathrop
- Sheriff Danny Glick and Challenger David Martin
Legislature (July 10)
- House District 9: Mike Weiland (D) and Kelly Sebastian (R)
- Senate District 5 Fred Emerich (R)
- House District 42 Tom Jones (R)
- House District 10 Gaylen Wright (D) and John Eklund (R)
Future forums will be held for candidates for:
Secretary of State and Superintendent of Public Instruction (5:30 p.m. July 28)
Governor (6 p.m. July 29)
The venue is the Laramie County Commission hearing room, made available without charge by Laramie County. Links to live streaming are on the county government home page http://laramiecounty.com/. Videos are posted on the Cheyenne page of www.wyominglwv.org., and they are available on YouTube.
If you have questions about the forums or about Cheyenne LWV or if you want to suggest questions to use for the upcoming forums for statewide offices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call Marguerite Herman at 307-638-1468.